- Dr Swerissen conducts research on health and human services programs and policies. Recent research papers include:
- Duckett, S., Cowgill, M., and Swerissen, H. (2019). Filling the gap: A universal dental scheme for Australia. Grattan Institute.
- Swerissen, H. Duckett, S. and Moran. G (2018). Mapping primary care in Australia. Grattan Institute
- Duckett, S., Swerissen, H., and Moran, G. (2017). Building better foundations for primary care. Grattan Institute
- Swerissen, H., Duckett, S., and Wright, J. (2016). Chronic failure in primary medical care. Grattan Institute
- Duckett, S., Swerissen, H. and Wiltshire, T. 2016. A sugary drinks tax: recovering the community costs of obesity, Grattan Institute
- Swerissen, H. and Duckett, S. (2014). Dying Well. Grattan Institute
A full list of research publications can be found here